Tuesday 14 August 2012



The Macro Lens.

It's easily my favourite lens. Even though it may take a while to find that perfect spot of focus, when you do, it makes the effort worth it. I think what I love about it most is that you can get as close as you want to the subject. I've always been a fan of doing very close and detailed shots, for example flowers (shown below), but recently I've been experimented with a further away proximity. I know this doesn't achieve as much detail, but it really highlights the subject, due to the depth of field. The background is more blurred than with just your average 18-55mm lens, for example my first image, the bubble. This was difficult to get, as the bubble was being blown different ways by the wind, so fast reactions were needed to capture it. As you can see, most of the attention is on the bubble, and even though the girl was close behind, she is not in focus.

Here are some more of my photos taken on my macro lens. Hope you enjoy. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment